Baseball for Youth/Adults with Special Needs
Registration Dates: January 29, 2021 - February 28, 2021
(Registration closes at midnight on February 28)
Register Here (Youth/Adult Athletes & Buddy Volunteers)
*Athletes and Buddy Volunteers must register
2021 Take On Sports Baseball Season Details:
Dates/Times: April 11, 2021 - May 23, 2021 (Sundays, between 1:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.)
- There is no baseball on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 9.
- Take On Sports Baseball is a sanctioned Little League Challenger Division league.
- There are three skill levels, Tee-Ball, Minors (Modified Coach-pitch), and Majors (Coach-pitch)
- This league runs six weeks.
- A parent, legal guardian, or authorized caregiver is required to remain on-site during any Take On Sports activity.
- To view the Team Schedule and additional information, on wcwaa.org, click-on: Teams, Choose a Team, Take On Sports, Select the League, and the Team Name.
Registration Fee: $55 includes T-shirt, baseball cap, and trophy
Athletes age 23 and up.
Athletes are paired with Buddy Volunteers.
- No registration fee (will receive free Buddy Volunteer T-shirt)
- Must be 18 years of age or older by January 29, 2021. (Background Check required)
Weddington Optimist Park Baseball Fields
Address: 5211 Weddington Road, Weddington, NC 28104
Assist athletes on the field providing instruction and encouragement.
Buddy Volunteers 18 years of age or older are required to have a Volunteer Background Check. Information on this process will be provided by the Sports Commissioner.
For more information, please contact:
Take On Sports Baseball Commissioner: Steve Gustina at